20 THINGS… NOT PEOPLE… THAT MAKE ME HAPPY
- My daughter. She is a person but my happiness is in all the things she brings into my life. Her laughter always makes me smile. I think she knows when I am down because she will do anything to make me smile and she usually ends up making herself laugh in the process. Her smile, when it isn’t sarcastic, is the most beautiful smile I know. Her voice changes the older she gets but I never get tired of hearing her say mommy. Without her I doubt I could find happiness in any THING else.
- When someone brags about me. It doesn’t happen often so when it does I am all shy and melty all over.
- Blue skies with small puffy, drifting clouds. I could lie anywhere to watch clouds drift overhead.
- Clear and slightly cool nights. I could lie all night watching the universe on a night like this.
- Taking naps in the middle of the day on my back patio with HastyHusband. Waking up in the middle of the day after a short nap in my husband’s arms is the most wonderful feeling. It feels safe and in those moments I feel we could survive anything together.
- Getting random emails from my blogger friends. Whether for a duet or just to say hi I love hearing from my friends. It means I crossed their minds.
- Thinking about my trip to Boston to meet Sage Doyle. I can’t wait to meet a blogger I admire AND to tour a new city.
- Really good Mac N Cheese. Something about creamy pasta shells…..mmmmmmm.
- Reading Edward Hotspur’s poetry. Ever since he started Lyrical Anarchy I have been drawn to his words.
- Post work out feeling. Love that exhausted I DID IT feeling.
- Sushi…especially salmon or tuna. I used to hate sushi, just the smell made me ill but now I crave it.
- Hugs and kisses (I don’t have personal space issues unless bad breath is involved). I have probably at least hugged every human I have met and half of them have been kissed.
- When someone asks me on a date because it means they want to spend time with me. I don’t get enough time for this but I love lunch, coffee, tea, biking, dinner, movie, shopping, club, gym dates. They are all good.
- Lying in my closet floor listening to music on my headphones. This is my get away from the world and hide time. It is the time that calms me down and revives me.
- When someone trusts me enough to confide in me. Being trusted is a beautiful feeling.
- Late night conversations with an old friend I knew when I was younger. One person in particular has always had time to listen to me ramble and it is usually after midnight.
- Spending one on one time with my closest friends. This is when you know you are friends when you are comfortable just being alone together.
- Dancing….want to learn how to 2 step next. I watched couples 2 stepping this weekend and every single one of them was all smiles!
- A warm bed when it is freezing outside. Winter is hard for me because most of the time I just want to be in my warm sheets.
- Cuddling. Something about having someone hold you in their arms is healing.
20 thoughts on “MY HAPPY LIST”
Reblogged this on georgeforfun.
What a great list!
An awesome list. And you remind me of Kylie Minogue
7. Makes me happy too.
Nice list, good positive way to enjoy life.
Beautiful notion. And oh well, there I go. I honestly don’t recall seeing a friendlier smile than yours!
Nice except 9 – that guy can’t write his way out of a paper bag.
so doubt. very not. many no. such bleh
Don’t see how…
Hi hasty kid!!!
I brag about you all the time… right to your face…
I love all the photos in this !!! You look so genuinely happy, and you’ve got a smile that makes other people feel happy too! :))
Reblogged this on Totally Inspired Mind… and commented:
What would your Happy List be? Create one!
you always say what makes you happy… please mention how can you make others happy…
A glorious list, might I add you do look happy. Thank you for checking out Bob’s simple blog.
Great list. Thanks for sharing it.
Love this!! I think I’m going to make my own list today and post it on my blog ;-P
a great list you gots here:)