I have come to think of the voices in my head as spirits. Demons, I suppose, that possess me until I exercise them and let them out. These voices are mostly evil and they tell me the most hurtful lies. I am thankful for my blog, for my readers, for my friends, for holding my hand during these exorcisms.
Blogging has become a sort of exorcism for me. The poetry, the stories, the pictures are all part of releasing these voices inside and giving them a place to speak. I think, for the most part, people relate to me more than I would have thought. But there are others that just don’t understand me or my blog.
You may have noticed pictures of me wallpapered all over my blog. Am I conceited? Am I proud? Maybe! I love to be creative and the only person I feel the true liberty to do that with is myself. I am not ashamed of who I used to be and I am not ashamed of who I am. I may not love what I look like but I am not ashamed.
I have never loved my image and some time ago I learned, without realizing it, to stop looking in a mirror to do anything more than look presentable. I mean I don’t want to walk around with spinach on my teeth. I also know I can sit and pick at my flaws for hours if I let myself.
Looking at pictures of my face is easier, they can be manipulated and they are 1 dimensional. When I write poetry there is a voice inside needing to be heard. That voice has a face… although the faces may look like mine they are merely reflections of how I feel. Manipulated pictures. Having said all this let me introduce you to the real me.
5 years ago
2 years ago
I am just me. Nothing theatrical, nothing exciting, nothing to give two winks at. This is how I look and feel when I am shopping at Wal-Mart, just part of the human stew known as humanity. My husband knows the real me, he supports the real me. He puts up with the poetry and the images because he understands how it helps me to put the scattered voices together in some sort of organized thought.
If my pictures seem slutty, immature, degrading, conceited, narcissistic, fake, beautiful, happy, or whatever else they have been labeled then I guess, from the standpoint of art, I am succeeding. I would be lying to pretend I don’t have slutty, flirty, insecure, whiny, and depressed voices inside my head trying to get out.
Enjoy my thoughts or don’t it is truly up to everyone to decide on their own. Comment how terrible you think I am if it helps you sleep at night because I will keep exercising my creativity my way, I will let my voices speak because this is my place to do so. This is my exorcism.
I may have people that think I am distasteful or a mess (I don’t deny either) but I have so many wonderful friends I appreciate that except all of me. I really love the friends I have made in the blogging community and I value every one of your voices.
“There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and will be lost.” ~Martha Graham
“It’s not all bad. Heightened self-consciousness, apartness, an inability to join in, physical shame and self-loathing—they are not all bad. Those devils have been my angels. Without them I would never have disappeared into language, literature, the mind, laughter and all the mad intensities that made and unmade me.”~ Stephen Fry
“Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness. And they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy… or they become legend.” ~ Jim Harrison
“Soon madness has worn you down. It’s easier to do what it says than argue. In this way, it takes over your mind. You no longer know where it ends and you begin. You believe anything it says. You do what it tells you, no matter how extreme or absurd. If it says you’re worthless, you agree. You plead for it to stop. You promise to behave. You are on your knees before it, and it laughs.” ~ Marya Hornbacher
- Ego | Bright Moments Catcher
- My.Vivid.Visions | Daily Prompt: Wicked Witch – It’s Me!!!
- DP : Evil | Experimental Fiction
- Daily Prompt: Wicked Witch | Awl and Scribe
- Daily Prompt: Wicked Witch | Bizzimummy’s World
- Frosty Friday | Purple Rosemary
- Cruella Deville [Daily Prompt: Wicked Witch] | unknowinglee
- Daily Prompt: Wicked Witch | Under the Monkey Tree
- A Lesson In Good And Evil | The Jittery Goat
- Wicked Witch | Braised Pork on Rice
- Daily Prompt: Wicked WItch | WilderThing
- EVIL SPELT BACKWARDS | Standing Ovation, Seated
- Good and evil | Kate Murray
- Daily Prompt: Evil In The World Today | My Daily Prompt Blog
- Is There More Good Than Evil? | Creative Mysteries
- EVIL DREAMS | SERENDIPITY
- Daily Prompt; does evil exist, or is it all in our minds? | sixty, single and surviving
- Daily Prompt: Wicked Witch or some kind of EVIL | Words ‘n Pics
- Daily Prompt: Wicked Witch | lifebeinggirly
- EVILLLLLL | I’m just Super Saiyan
- Evil … and Good | Eyes to Heart
- Daily Prompt: Wicked Witch. Show us evil. | Complexity of Thought
- Daily Prompt: Wicked Witch | Death’s Opinions On Life
- The Nature of Evil | Fruit Salad
- Surfer Rob addresses the evil issue | Rob’s Surf Report
- The Wrong Path | Flowers and Breezes
- Zero Sense | Momma Roars
- Checks And Balances | Fish Of Gold
- We are the wicked witch….. and the cowardly lion….. | lizardsonthelanai
- Witch Tree: Poem | Just Visiting This Planet
- Good Intentions With Evil Consequences | Kansa Muse
- The Reaper’s Eye | vicariously in love with you
- Evil? Or just…painfully misguided? | Sai’s Notebook
- Daily Prompt: Wicked Witch | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- The Truth of Choice….(wp daily prompt) | Daily Observations
- Daily Prompt: The God of Mischief | Lead us from the Unreal to the Real
- Daily Prompt: Wicked Witch (Haibun – Salem) | Bastet and Sekhmet’s Library
- Being wicked is one thing – but being evil, well that’s a different story. | The Flavored Word
- Which Wolf Will You Feed? | sayanything
- Evil | mentalrollercoaster
- The Devil is in the Internet | tjbarkerseattle
- Cold Blooded Love | A.C. Melody
- Daily Prompt: Wicked Witch | Morrighan’s Muse
- California man kidnaps estranged wife and performs exorcism (whas11.com)
- Exorcism In Perspective (924jeremiah.wordpress.com)
- A Year Without Poetry (jubilantmango.wordpress.com)
- Must Read: Sane- Mental Illness, Addiction, and the Twelve Steps by Marya Hornbacher (hippyhealing.wordpress.com)
- Open Up Your Voice Box (clarabelle.org)
- “Don’t be ashamed of your story, it will inspire others.” (whenthepiggiescomehome.wordpress.com)
- “welcome” in robot voice. (therealmagda.wordpress.com)
- Hearing voices in our heads is more common (and less ‘crazy’) than we think (metro.co.uk)
- Who cares what they think? (memoirsofasunshinegal.wordpress.com)
- Gratitude (mummyshambles.wordpress.com)