Daily Prompt: Live to Eat
Some people eat to live, while others live to eat. What about you? How far would you travel for the best meal of your life?
I certainly eat more than I need to live but I also don’t live to eat either! Food for me is like music…it makes life more enjoyable, it is a reason for connecting with others and besides being enjoyable food helps create memorable moments. I may not travel further than the grocery store for most things but I would travel a long way to meet a friend for dinner. Maybe even a few states away 🙂 For this daily prompt I will list just a few memories regarding food. I also decided to look at my Instagram…tons of food pictures so I included some of the ones I took with friends!
Mexican food with chili sauce – NO I can’t even look at it without feeling nauseous. When I was younger I had an awful case of food poisoning after eating a burrito with chili sauce.
Thanksgiving Stuffing –My husband’s grandma made the best….I miss her every time I see dressing.
Onion Rings – The first meal my dad let me plan and make was some cheesy onion slop…it was terrible.
Mayonnaise Cake – My mom made it fairly often growing up and it is still one of my favorite chocolate cakes.
Broccoli – I found a dead fly in my spear once…super ugh
Cheetos – My brother and I sitting on the steps of the back porch pretending to be Chester Cheetah!
SOS – (Shit on a Shingle) I love this meal but one time my dad added ground beef and burned the gravy and it was awful. We sat at the table for hours before we were allowed to go to bed.
Edamame – My friend Dave decided to eat one whole at a sushi restaurant because he didn’t realize you had to suck out the beans…lol…chewy…bleck.
Ham – One time my husband was a bit gassy and we were in the car when my daughter pipes up…I smell ham…ewwwww…TMI
Little smoky sausages- One time at a party I made a joke about how they reminded me of someone I was married too. From then on his nickname was lil’ smoky. Sorry honey…it was just a joke.
Ham and Cheese – My sister used to live on microwaved ham and cheddar cheese…every meal.
Lemon cake – My husband’s granny mistakenly added pepper instead of poppy seeds…not so good.
Us: Granny do you like cheese?
Us: Oh! Ok we were going to make lasagna.
Granny: Oh well I like lasagna I just wouldn’t sit down and eat a big block of cheese.
Now family joke -Would you like a block of cheese for dinner?
Chicken – I think of my best friend R. He would live on chicken…and oreos.
Onion – I think of my friend Anthony because he won’t eat anything with onion.
Chocolate Raspberry Martinis – I could kill my friend Josh for introducing them to me.
Fire Cake – My mother n law is a chef…everything she makes is amazing. This cake caught her oven on fire.
Chocolate Covered Cherries – My husband is in the theater room and texts me to come up and take the 3 boxes he devoured to the kitchen before he ate even more.
OMG I could go on forever and ever…. And I am hungry.
Daily Prompt Reading:
- Hyped up food [Daily Prompt] « Q the Adult
- Daily Prompt: Live to Eat | A Hedonistic Wander
- Daily Prompt: Live to Eat | Stuph Blog
- Eat to Live then to Eat | Phelio a Random Post a Day
- Living and eating … « Hope* the happy hugger
- Daily Prompt: Live to Eat | Pigments of Life
- Daily Prompt: Live to Eat « prettywitgla33es
- TDP: Soul Food | jrwritesthings
- Toast to Apples | Shadoza: In My World
- Daily Prompt: Live to Eat « Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Daily Prompt: I live to eat! Well….sort of…. « Elizabeth Los
- One Bite « jaschmehl
- Daily Prompt: Live to Eat | Lady J’s Library – The Desk of Julia Dina Blackowicz
- Daily Prompt: Live to Eat | Wramble On
- LIVING WITH FOOD « hastywords
- DP: Live to Eat « Life of Me and Mine
- oh, this and that
- Daily Prompt: Live to Eat « Creative Escape
- Daily Prompt : Live to Eat « ♥Bob’s Magical Land Of Oz♥
- Daily Prompt: Live to Eat | Purple Rosemary
- A healthy indulgence (maybe, maybe not) « oh, this and that
- I eat to live « prisailurophileblog
- I’m a Sara Lee groupie. | rarasaur
- Ate as far as we could. Traveled as far as we never imagined. « Live. Love. Laugh
- Daily Prompt: Live to Eat 21/12/12 | [Family | Photo’s | Food | Craft]
- Memorable Meals « Miss Pelican’s Perch
- Daily Prompt: Eat To Live or Live to Eat? – Virginia Photos
- Daily Prompt: Live to Eat « Our Family Blog
- Eat to live, and not live to eat | Kansa Muse on Micro Farming and More
- Daily Prompt: Live to Eat | FLYNN’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: Live to Eat! | March of the Gypsies
- Daily Prompt: Live to Eat | LooknWalk
- Daily Prompt: Live to Eat | cftc10
7 thoughts on “LIVING WITH FOOD”
I loves me some peanut butter. Jiff is da bomb.
Yes, I’d like to place an order for a block of cheese. That will be to go, thank you. Oh, um… I guess a sharp cheddar if you have one, or a pepper jack would be fine. Great. Do you have any oreos? Okay, I’ll take a dozen or so of those two. Mmm, I think I just figured out what I’m having for dinner tonight! 😀
*drool* (in my best Homer impersonation) Oreo crusted cheddar block…. *drool*
Oh my goodness, I seriously have an addition to peanut butter and love just eating it out of the jar too. And, now I totally want a block of cheese to go with something I eat. 😉
Dayum. Them’s lots of good eatin’s, I reckon.
Just realised… this just made me hungry, what a day!