My dreams are always from my perspective, I am always me, and they are as real as my waking life. Most of the time the dream is light; I will have a conversation or do something that will solve a real life problem I have been having. Those dreams are always handy. If my life is really stressful then I will almost always dream about tornadoes and I will be running and trying to find a good safe spot the entire dream. Sometimes though my dreams really bother me, someone I love dies or gets mangled or tortured and there isn’t anything I can do to save them and I end up waking up with their screams inside my head all day. When I was pregnant I had some doozies and I can still see the dreams vividly in my mind.
Here is a dream I had last night. There are so many strange parts to this dream I can’t even begin to try to analyze it. What do you guys think???
It was a dark drive on an unfamiliar road. I didn’t feel lost because instead of paying close attention I was being reckless. I was texting and steering my SUV when a severe weather alert came on the radio. I looked up and realized there was no visibility, just my headlights being reflected back at me in a dense fog. I stopped the car but the wind was so strong I kept moving forward.
After a moment of panic, 4 men came into view. They were standing inside a canyon cave in front of a railing made of pipe that lead…somewhere. My car still wouldn’t stop and the men tried to help me, 2 on each side when I heard one yell, “It is no use she is going over.” And my car broke through the railing and I felt myself plummet into the unknown.
After my stomach did a half dozen belly flops my car landed in the water and I remember praying and thinking my husband and my daughter would never find me. I knew I was going to die. When I realized the car wasn’t filling really fast I thought, I may die but I should at least fight. So, I rolled down the driver’s side window and saw the wall of a concrete dam. I could reach it if I tried so I got myself through the window and pulled myself onto the wall. I felt such relief being out of the car but I was in the dark on a foggy night alone with all my belongings and my phone being swept away in a river.
I sat upon the wall and noticed just over my shoulder to the left were lights. Thousands of flickering lights that ended up being large candles. They were lighting up an outside bar on the edge of a mountain. The woman wore white gowns and all the men wore red robes, as they drank and talked. A woman, a waitress, asked if she could help me and I said I needed a phone. She didn’t seem happy about my request and everyone stopped talking.
A man in red came over and I repeated my request and told them I thought I needed a hospital when he nodded and asked her to get me a phone. The phone I got was an antique and I couldn’t remember my husband’s number. I called my mom and she was crying and said I have been missing for 6 months and asked where I was. I told her I didn’t know and started crying when I got disconnected. The woman in white told me I needed to leave by midnight or I would become one of them.
I looked closer at them and noticed they had hooves for feet and their legs were furry. The man in the red robe came over and when he smiled all his teeth were sharp and thin. “Please, make yourself at home.” He said. “Before midnight I need you to tell me what religion you are” and he gestured towards a room that had 20 books lying on a table. As I passed each book they each had a strange symbol on the front. Some of the books were thin and some were thick.
I came to the last book. I knew it was the Holy Bible. But it wasn’t a book it was a bunch of crocheted squares laying one on top of the other. Each one a different scene was portrayed. The group that had been drinking had finally filed in and I was surrounded by these other worldly creatures. They looked at me as if I was supposed to talk. “Pick your favorite quote and prove that you are worthy of that book” said a man who had walked in last. I sat looking at the squares and I couldn’t think of one single quote and I knew I would never see the ones I loved again.
- Daily Prompt: Mr. Sandman | Fingerlike
- Sacred and Profane | vic briggs
- Daily Prompt: Mr. Sandman | adorablyobnoxious
- Thrill seekers | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- DAMN GOOD FRIENDS: RYAN [STORY TIME #2] | She Writes
- London – night colours | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Olympics and Sleep: You Winsome and You Luge Some | DCMontreal: Blowing the Whistle on Society
- Calling on Morpheus | MC’s Whispers
- Exit Light, Enter Night | Knowledge Addiction
- Sleep | Kate Murray
- Daily Prompt: Mr Sandman | Purplesus’ Blog
- The Daily Prompt and A Short Story; The Community Organizer Vs. The Community | The Jittery Goat
- Early to Bed | The Zombies Ate My Brains
- Daily Prompt: Mr. Sandman | The WordPress C(h)ronicle
- Post of the day: Mr Sandman | Love your dog
- DP Daily Prompt: Mr. Sandman: | Sabethville
- Daily Prompt: “Mr. Sandman” | The Mind of Profex
- Daily Prompt: Mr. Sandman | seikaiha’s blah-blah-blah
- Late Night Realizations | Moxie In The Making
- I guess that buzz is why The Morning Person Types are happy | thoughtsofrkh
- Daily Prompt: Mr. Sandman- Facts About The “Right” Way To Sleep | Journeyman
- Bed Time | wisskko’s blog
- Daily Prompt: Mr Sandman | imagination
- Sleepin’ on Submarines | tnkerr-Writing Prompts and Practice
- Daily Prompt: Mr. Sandman | That Montreal Girl
- (Not) The Princess and the Pea: Finding Sleep in Strange Beds | Kosher Adobo
- My sleep routine | The Bohemian Rock Star’s “Untitled Project”
- o I can’t sleep at night but just the same | eastelmhurst.a.go.go
- I no longer fear the shadows on my wall as I lay me down to sleep « psychologistmimi
- Netflix – Readers Of The Modern Day Bedtime Stories… | Steve Says…
- Suicide no. 37: When Light Exits | derekalanwilkinson
- Dangerous Sleeper | Writing and Works
- Quiet, I’m Sleeping! | Musings | WANGSGARD
- Bring Me A Dream | Flowers and Breezes
- Sweat Dreams | B.Kaotic
- Daily Prompt: Mr. Sandman « Blissful Pages
- Sleeping Beauty… | Life Confusions
- Obstructive Sleep Apnoea: Daily Prompt | ALIEN AURA’S BlOG: IT’LL BLOW YOUR MIND!
- Daily Prompt: Mr. Sandman – NaBloPoMo – BlogHer « Mama Bear Musings
- Sleep Like a Baby! | Sathya’s Sprinkles
- Enter Sandman | Awake & Dreaming
- Mr Sandman comes to Kew | Travel with Intent
- DP: Mr Sandman – The Terror of the Mirror | aliabbasali
- I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- Dreaming of a New Dawn | LenzExperiments
- Never Enough Sleep | Young and Broke
- Daily Prompt: Mr. Sandman | Diary of Dennis
- Daily Prompt: Mr. Sandman | Raspberry’s Daydreams
- Mr Sandman the Ostrich – WP prompt | CuriositytotheMAX
- Daily Prompt: Mr. Sandman | My life in a nutshell
- To Sleep, Perchance To Dream- The Daily Prompt | A Day In The Life
- Say nighty-night and kiss me | La chica de la burbuja
- Get over here Mr. Sandman | Lisa’s Kansa Muse
- The Insight of a young soul
- Daily Prompt: Mr. Sandman | A Mixed Bag
- Mr Sandman | The Land Slide Photography
- Daily Prompt: Mr. Sandman | Ramblings of a Midwest 20-Something
- Daily Prompt: Mr. Sandman | My Atheist Blog
- Daily Prompt: Mr Sandman (with apologies to Pat Ballard, and The Chordettes) | until the inkwell dries
- Sleep come my way | Emovere
- Hanging Sleepers | A mom’s blog
- Daily Prompt: Mr. Sandman | Nola Roots, Texas Heart
- Take My Hand….. | djgarcia94
- Daily Prompt: Mr Sandman: My Weird Sleeping Habit… | FREE BIRD
- Evan Sleeps – a Haiku | When the Door Closes
- Daily Prompt: Mr. Sandman | Just Be V
- Daily Prompt : Mr. Sandman | Loin de zanzibar
- To Sleep Perchance Refreshed
- the body maintains | y
- Enter Sandman: Daily Post | Destino
- Living with Post Concussion Syndrome
- Of Sleep & Insomnia | My Author-itis
- The Camino Plan | A Prayer for Exhaustion
- Sleep Until I Drowned | Short Story Sally
- Insomnia | Life is great
- Daily Prompt: Rain, Not Thunder | Cabernet In The Dark
- Daily Prompt: Mr. Sandman | Burning Imagination
- Daily Prompt: Mr. Sandman | Basically Beyond Basic
- Don’t Come Here, Mr Sandman | tuckedintoacorner
- Sleep Is A Challenge « Land Of Mike
- A Little Off Topic | idk
- Tearing off tights with my teeth | arpeggi1’s Blog
- Shared Lucid Dreaming – Is It Possible? | Shrine of Hecate – Ramblings of a New Age Witch
- Any Sleep is Good to Me! | meanderedwanderings
- No Sandman Here | Overcoming Bloglessness
- counting sheep | Hemlock Hussy
- Daily Prompt: Mr. Sandman | Life is not for everyone.
- Daily Prompt: To Sleep, Perchance to Dream Some More | Morrighan’s Muse
- DP: Mr. Sandman | Walk With Me
- Mr Sandman | My random musings
- All aboard! | Trucker Turning Write
- Java Fueled Journaling – 2 | DP: Mr. Sandman | writesomethingtoday
- DAILY PROMPT: Mr Sandman | cockatooscreeching
- Sleeper Awake | Deliberating Dave
- Like a Stone | Breathing Space
- Mr. Sandman | The Nameless One
- Daily Prompt: Mr. Sandman | Captain’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: Mr. Sandman | Bowl of Rice
- Man of the Sand | field of thorns
- Coping with sleeplessness | Eat. Love. Spandex.
- Zzzzzzzz … | 365 And Counting
- Writing Prompt: Mr Sandman – Scribbled Brews
- Daily Prompt: Being Sleepy! | All Things Cute and Beautiful
15 thoughts on “MY DREAM KEPT ME”
Wow love this
This dream seems to be a collection of things you experienced,it was in your subconscious mind and came to you in the form of a dream.
Try looking up keywords of things from the dream at http://www.dreammoods.com/ it’s what I do when I have weird dreams that don’t seem self-explainatory. Sounds like a pretty trippy dream!
I rather watch your dreams than a good movie anytime 🙂
Have you tried praying that the dreams you don’t like stop happening?
i have in a daze for sometime now, i always find myself looking towards to bring me back to life, which you always do…
you could understand what wrote? now the next day, even i have a hard time understanding what i wrote yesterday…
However i’m glad you do…
I think this dream is telling you that you were asleep when you had it
That is just crazy. What a vivid and dark dream. I love stories like this normally, but not when they torment people in their sleep and involve REAL characters. Hoping for better dreams for you very soon Angela.
Very generally speaking, I noticed the tension and contradiction in this dream. The ‘reckless’ and wild on one side, and the familiar and safe on the other, appearing to draw you in different directions. It’s a sort of dichotomy we all feel from time to time, that we must be one or the other, when we are often both simultaneously.
Reblogged this on georgeforfun.
I was there, brilliantly written. I don’t like that I was there and that’s a dream I’d just leave behind. Has made me remember waking screaming in the wee hours one morning.
Dreams are nuts. They really affect me, though, and I kinda “fear” dreaming.
A reoccurring dream I have includes my teeth chipping and falling out of my mouth. Sometimes, it’s painful, but mostly they just crack and fall out without pain, but there is always lots of blood.
Another on I have often includes falling off high places while in my car. I usually fall and fall, but I wake before I land.
Pingback: I no longer fear the shadows on my wall as I lay me down to sleep « psychologistmimi
Pingback: Weird writing prompts | Side Quest Publications