This picture doesn’t even come close to showing the impact of the tornado on the lives it took. I pray the skies stay blue today so rescue efforts won’t be hampered. Nobody could have predicted after May 3, 1999 that this same community would be ripped apart again in such a horrific way. Current count is 24 lives lost. I pray there are no more.
- VIDEO: Tornado rips through OK (jtn-network.com)
- Massive tornado leaves path of destruction near Oklahoma City (cinewsnow.com)
- Massive tornado hits Oklahoma (dailykos.com)
- Oklahoma tornado leaves massive path of death, destruction; at least 51 dead (fox59.com)
- Raw: Aerial view of mile-wide tornado tearing through Oklahoma (wwltv.com)
- Oklahoma City Tornado Pictures: ‘Total Devastation’ (businessinsider.com)
- Oklahoma City tornado: eyewitness films devastation of neighbourhood (telegraph.co.uk)